Saturday, July 14, 2018

Utah: Stewart Falls

I think it was Thursday that we went for a second hike to Stewart Falls.

There's Thora in the back, all excited to have her "Momma Lisa" again. Thora did not like that Lisa wasn't always sleeping at the mansion with us. Lisa and her boyfriend Matt ended up doing a lot of carrying on the way back. I don't think Thora really needed it, but she knows how to milk it.
{Sam and Dancy}


 I didn't take any pictures of hiking on the way to the falls because I was busy keeping Sam's spirits up. He wasn't the happy hiker that he was in New Mexico, which I attribute to the fact that I neglected to pack his tennis shoes that have good traction. So the poor boy was hiking in crocs that have zero traction. He was not having a good time, but he was a trooper.


Samson testing out the water


{Katie}


Can't see very well, but that's Tommy and a couple cousins across the river having their snack break in the shade.


I love wildflowers.


Emmie was so excited to show Katie this big dog she found. (Side note: Emmie rode in our van with us to all activities and loved watching Carmen Sandiego (not the same one from the 90s) and eating our awesome jerky!)




I love the little photobomb (William!) here!


And how he pops out so perfectly leaving everything else as it is!




Samson had no trouble amassing a posse of adoring cousins. This time it was Grace.
{Katie Martin, Shad, Thora, Samson, Grace}


Tommy and Camden crossing back over


I convinced Shad to hike with me up to the overlook at the middle of the falls.




I think that's his concentrating face, trying to make sure he can see us on the screen and push the button. Haha!








Shad fixed Dancy's hair. Gave me a good laugh! Wonder Years, anyone?


This girl was my return hike partner. Just a few months ago, she was afraid of every little thing on hikes. Namely, tripping on rocks, slipping on dirt, anything that might cause her to fall or lose her footing. This time she was so confident, happy, and strong. She was proud to be my leader. I was already wiped out from carrying Samson and a backpack full of water bottles on the way in, so I was a little on the slow side coming out. She could've left me in the dust, but she was thrilled to take advantage of some one-on-one time. She's a rockstar and I love her!


Stewart Falls is right next to Sundance Resort. Weird thing is that I couldn't find an official Sundance or Sundance Resort sign. I even asked someone who worked there. So we did what we could and marked off a bucket list item. If I find a legit address for Robert Redford, I plan to share the pictures with him.






She loved that her name was everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment