Same as May, I have no idea what happened in June, so the pictures will tell their stories.
Tom is a temple builder. That's all he talks about. He built this temple and told me that it was the temple for Batman's city. Who'd have ever believed the day that Gotham City would have a Mormon temple?
He didn't like my suggested Angel Moroni, so he switched it out with his own. Sadly, Gotham City's temple did not last long before the inhabitants of the city (namely, Katie and Dancy) destroyed the edifice.
5.5 months pregnant.
Dan and Ryan came to visit June 10-15. We went to see the Old Fort Bissell Museum in Phillipsburg. The following picture is what really stood out to me. Now, I'm all about reusing and repurposing scraps and other items to make something new for free, or close to it, but this wreath made of human hair is a bit too much for me. Pinterest might agree that this took craftiness one step too far.
"Uhh! That's what we give to Uncle Dan for his birthday last night!" Katie is sitting with me now and dictating my captions. Well, it was for his birthday on Father's Day, not last night. Shad got Dan's favorite soda and cropped the kids' heads onto their superhero bodies. I don't remember which hero Ryan is, but there's Ryan, Tommy Spiderman, Katie Batman and Dancy Flash.
I don't know what all was going on in our lives that this much dishes piled up, but they did. This is after Shad got them all washed. Oh, wait! I remember. We started painting our upstairs. We painted the stairway, hallway and two bathrooms. I'll blog that later though.
This picture is brought to you by Katie and the phrase, "Dad, do you wanna build a snowman?"
Snowman!
Dancy is quite possibly the happiest eater ever! She is all smiles and kisses when she's eating.
Tom and Katie are goofs.
My lilies have never looked so good and been so abundant! We love them!
Gorgeous lily.
Technically, this one is from May, but oh well. Back in May, I observed that the mother bird, who resides in our front porch bird house, would flutter her wings furiously to maintain her height to pass food through the hole to her babies. Why in 3 years of watching her this is the first time I noticed, I don't know. I told Shad she needed a perch. He found a wood block in the garage and glued it on. We were worried that it might disturb them too much, being human interference, but she loves it! Happy Mother's Day, Momma Bird:)
No comments:
Post a Comment